The Understanding Philanthropy project has generated the following publications:
- ‘Generosity and Philanthropy: A Literature Review’, the original literature review, was published at the SSRN website in September 2007 and can also be found at the Science of Generosity website. The paper was downloaded >2,700 times in May 2015.
- ‘A Literature Review of Empirical Studies of Philanthropy : Eight Mechanisms That Drive Charitable Giving’ was published in November 2011 in Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly. The paper was #2 of the most downloaded papers of the journal in 2012 and 2013 and #4 in 2014. It reached the top position in April 2012 and continued its first rank until March 2013. Download the paper here.
- ‘Who gives? A literature review of predictors of charitable giving’ was published in two parts in Voluntary Sector Review, Part One: Religion, education, age and socialisation‘ (November 2011).
- ‘Who Gives? A Literature Review of Predictors of Charitable Giving. Part Two: Gender, Family Composition, and Income (Voluntary Sector Review, July 2012).
- ‘Testing Mechanisms for Philanthropic Behaviour’, a special issue (16: 4) of the International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing including eight articles with new research, was published in November 2011.